Friends give good advice

Thursday, November 6, 2008

While visiting with my bestest friend last weekend, I commented on her
fabulous fireplace. The gas isn't hooked up, so she stacked some logs
inside and twisted white christmas lights aaaall around
them. Now, you may not know to too well yet, but
Christmas lights and I have a very longstanding love affair. While
wondering at her magical fireplace I said 'man I wish I had a
fireplace, that's such a good excuse to use Christmas lights all
year!' to which my fab friend responded...'well, you could just put
some in a vase....?'. Now why didn't I think of
that? I didn't have a vase big enough, but
I DO have an extremely large crystal bowl that I got as a wedding gift
and couldn't figure out how to use! Voilà! Instant lamp! To boot,
there are Christmas lights in all of the stores now...so get crackin!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those lights are wicked! And they look great in that beautiful bowl!